The Austalia Embassy is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the Job post of ‘Projects Manager’ in Delhi, India. Austalia Embassy always preferred to hire the best in class candidates and for Lebanon the candidates must possess good knowledge of both English and Hindi language. All interested candidates check their eligibility criteria and apply.
Job Post: Projects Manager
Salary: INR120, 000 per month
Location: Delhi, India
Organization: Australia Embassy, Delhi
Last date to Apply: 27th November 2020
Also Read: Outreach Intern Job Vacancy at UK Embassy, Paris France
The Australia – India Water Security Initiative (AIWASI) is a multiple-million dollar program established following a Joint Working Group on Water meeting in September 2020. It aims to improve access to safe water and sanitation services in cities/regions experiencing significant water-related challenges.
Reporting to the First Secretary Economic, you will oversee projects funded by AIWASI. This role is responsible for: oversight of project delivery, providing broad policy and engagement direction and administrative matters for the work unit including financial management, contracts management, and procurement. The project manager also closely assists the Specialist Technical Officer on contract-related and strategic stakeholder engagement.
This role plays a key role in identifying public diplomacy opportunities for Australia by closely working with counterparts, other program contractors and short term advisors.
This role is appointed on a contractual basis for a temporary period of 12 months. This agreement may be extended subject to ongoing approvals.
- Monitor and support demonstration projects
- Works closely with and provides advice and direction to Grantees delivering projects at the community level.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with external and internal stakeholders on project issues including developing strong networks with communities involved.
- Provides necessary support for smooth implementation though coordination and engagement with government agencies and other key urban water stakeholders; supports the Grantee to establish and convene the city water forum
- Represents DFAT at meetings.
- Reports on project progress including how it contributes to the Australian Government’s long term strategic objectives.
- Public diplomacy and communications
Supports AIWASI public diplomacy efforts, ensuring a coordinated Australian State and Federal government approach with regards to the water sector
- Manages a local communications services contract to work with local media outlets to promote AIWASI in India and for circulation to stakeholders in Canberra.
- Works with Program Managers / Heads and Deputy Heads of Mission on public diplomacy
- Produces content (photos / videos) of program activity as appropriate for sharing on official social media accounts in coordination with the contracted communications partner.
Experience: Previous experience in Government or Non-Government O
working on South Asian water, urban development, or general development issues highly
– Education: Completion of qualifications in project or program management, water resource management, natural resources management, or international development highly desirable. Completion of a Masters or Graduate level qualification is desirable.
– Language: Professional level written and spoken English and Hindi is essential.
– Diversity: Strong understanding of and commitment to gender equality, disability, and social inclusion
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.