The British Embassy is inviting application for the Job Vacancy of ‘Visa and Corporate Officer‘ from eligible candidates who have a work permit of China. The Visa Officer will work with other embassy staff in Wuhan, China. Interested candidates can check the full details of Job post here.
Job Post: Visa and Corporate Services Officer
Location: Wuhan, China
Organization: British Embassy, Wuhan
Last date to Apply: 6th October 2020
28th October 2020
The British Consulate-General Wuhan is looking to appoint a temporary Visa & Corporate Services Officer to cover maternity leave. This is a key role requiring the holder to support Official Visa procedures, manage the consulate’s finances and act as a media officer. The jobholder will work with all the internal consulate teams on a day-to-day basis, contacting colleagues in the China Network, UK and our hub in Manila, reporting to the Corporate Services Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Official Visas (50%)
- Take in applications from FAO and enter onto UKVI system. Take biometric information. Despatch applications to Beijing. Act as contact point between UKVI and FAO.
- Provide flexible cross-team support when operationally required.
- Also Read: Finance Assistant Job Vacancy at ESCWA, UN Beirut Lebanon
Corporate Services (25%)
- Manage financial processes. Act as a Prism Requisitioner for procurement of goods and services. Follow the FCDO’s Purchase-to-Pay process and policy guidelines, in order to maintain high quality purchasing system. Administer official mobile phones bills, telephone and broadband lines.
- Ensure timely customs clearance and logistical arrangements of diplomatic consignments and personal effects.
- Responsible for official transport and line management of consulate driver.
- Organise learning and development activities at post to help staff acquire skills and knowledge to further their objectives.
- Support the Head of Communications to promote relevant Consulate campaign activities in Hubei and Henan provinces.
- Responsible for Consulate’s internal communications, i.e. internal newsletters, monthly communications reports etc.
- Assist with digital media activities, i.e. flyer/backdrops design, photo shooting, video editing, etc
- Assist with preparing evaluation of the communications impact of Consulate activities and projects.
- Collect/Summarise Hubei and Henan media weekly reports which highlight trade/investment, economics, climate change trends and opportunities in the two provinces.
To assist in other activities in the Consulate as required.
- Supporting the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO), by acting as visa custodian
- Supporting the ECO by referring visa applications to relevant departments in the UK.
- Where appropriate, provide cover for the ECO in the absence of another UK based member of staff.
- Drafting correspondence and reports as and when required.
- To deal with routine enquires from the commercial partner and other stakeholders.
- Enrol biometrics for High Value applicants invited to submit applications at the embassy.
- At least one year working experiences in admin, media, marketing or relevant communications areas.
- Excellent writing skills in Chinese
- Fluent in English writing and speaking
- Good at photo/video shooting and editing
- Excellent project management experiences and skills