The United Nations Development Programme is inviting applications from eligible and interested candidates to work as ‘Administrative Assistant’ for its office located in the Capital City of South Sudan, Juba. Interested check the details the below and apply now
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Organization: UNDP, United Nations
Last date to Apply: 28th August 2020
Under the guidance and supervision of the Country Representative, the Administrative Assistant provides support to front office and operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies;
- Support to the effective and efficient functioning of the Country Representative Office;
- Support to administrative and logistical services;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN Women mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to Results Management, including screening and collecting of Programme/ projects documentation, filing, provision of information;
- Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable.
Experience: 5 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Arabic languages.
- Interested applicants can apply online or by submitting their application to UN Women Office in Juba in a sealed envelope by indicating the title of the position on the envelope;
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment, scan your documents into one single file. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and may not be considered for further assessment.
Qualified women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.