The United Nations Development Programme in Beruit Lebanon is seeking applications from eligible and motivated candidates for the Job post of ‘Programme Analyst’ which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Programme Analyst
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: UNDP, Beirut
Last date to Apply: 27th November 2020
Also Read: Various Other Job Vacancies in Lebanon
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Women Peace and Security (WPS)
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of project proposals and initiatives related to UN Women’s Programme on WPS including conflict prevention/mediation portfolio.
- Provide technical support to project implementation and management
- Provide inputs to the annual work plan and budget as required.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of project activities;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results-Based Management.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project partners
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of project activities with partners.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the WPS programme/project
- Monitor progress on project activity, results and indicators.
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes
- Provide technical inputs to the management of project finances of WPS programme
- Monitor budget implementation and project activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required.
- Provide inputs to financial reports.
- Oversee the work of Programme Associates as needed
- Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases.
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles
- Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on Women Peace and Security to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Lebanon
- Provide technical support to the WPS Technical Programme Specialist on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs
- Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to Women Peace and Security.
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on Women Peace and Security
Also Read: Policy Officer Job Vacancy at Stockholm, Sweden
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be acceptedin lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an asset
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in the Women, Peace and Security is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience in UN System is a plus
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience and interest in gender equality and women’s empowerment is an asset
- Computer skills, internet communication and command of MS Office
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.