The United Nations Development Programme is inviting applications from eligible and interested candidates to work as ‘Programme Coordination Specialist’ for its office located in the Capital City of Syria, Damascus. Interested check the details the below and apply now
Location: Damascus, Syria
Organization: UNDP, United Nations
Last date to Apply: 26th August 2020
The Programme Coordination Specialist will be working in close collaboration with OCHA and the UN Risk Management Working Group (RMWG), UN Agencies and the UNCT/HCT. (S)he should promote knowledge building and knowledge sharing on the areas of specialty related to her/his functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Improving the operational response and effectiveness in the Syria operation;
- Enhancing complementarity of actions and collaboration among UN agencies and the broader Humanitarian Country team;
- Strengthening accountability for results and resources; and
- Ensuring targeted advocacy and information sharing both internally and externally on actions taken on risk management and due diligence.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow.
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Ability to evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful manner.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University degree in business/public administration, finance, accounting, international development, audit or other relevant fields;
- A first-level university in Business or Public Administration, Finance/Accounting degree, in combination with 9 years of qualifying experience may be accepted.
- At least 7 years progressively responsible experience in the oversight area or related areas such as finance, accounting, risk analysis, political analysis, monitoring and evaluation, business administration, or management advisory services;
- Experience in auditing, consulting or reviewing procedures for programme/project implementation, risk management within the UN system or in the private sector is highly desirable;
- Advanced user of computers and office software packages and experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience with working in a multi-national setting with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent proficiency in English;
- working knowledge of Arabic is an important asset.