International Labour Organization is looking for eligible and interested candidates for the post of ‘ Senior Administrative and Finance Assistant ‘ at their office located in Beirut, Lebanon. Candidates can check their eligibility and apply through the link mentioned below
Department: RO-Arab States/DWT-Beirut
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: International Labour Organization, ILO, United Nations
Last date to Apply: 26th August 2020
The ILO’s competitive advantage in the partnership makes it well placed to support the transition to formal employment for Jordanians, Syrians refugees and other vulnerable groups. This includes enhanced employability through skills training and certification, job matching, an enabling regulatory environment and the expansion of employment-based social protection.
Description of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Chief Technical Adviser Technical Officer and the overall guidance of the ILO-ROAS Enterprise Development Specialist, the Senior Administrative/Finance Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Undertake and complete a range of administrative and operational support services encompassing general administration and office support, HR, finance, travel and logistics for the successful delivery of the project. Initiate, process, review and follow up on administrative actions, including verifying that information and documentation is in compliance with ILO applicable standards.
- Prepare, draft and finalize correspondence in Arabic and English in the context of the PROSPECTS Programme to the donor, and to other relevant ministries and stakeholders of the project. Undertake quality control of outgoing documents for accuracy of information, grammar and style and compliance with applicable ILO standards. Provide informal translations.
- Draft minute sheets, prepare various types of contracts and memoranda and follow up on administrative issues with relevant departments such as Regional program Unit (RPU), HR and FINANCE to ensure timely completion of these issues.
- Organize data and information to prepare and maintain records, documents and control systems for the monitoring and evaluation of Prospects project implementation.
- Participate in the briefing of the project-related activities. Review work plans and plans of operations and other related documents and take appropriate follow-up action.
- Advice and assist project staff with office management and administrative support services. Provide interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures. Make travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations and assemble information pertinent to the purpose of travel of project staff.
- Participate in the organization of special meetings and coordinate all-important administrative arrangements for conducting workshops/seminars, trainings under the project
- Maintain contact and perform administrative liaison duties with Prospects Global Team at Headquarters, ministries, government offices, social partners’ organizations and UN agencies.
Also Read: Apply Now Program and Training Officer Job Vacancy in ILO, Amman Jordan
- Brief and assist project staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of administration related matters such as the internal coordination, documentation and communication structures, including key managerial practices and standards. Provide interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Review all incoming correspondence which requires action by the CTA; review it for substance, identify urgent matters and ensure that these are handled expeditiously; determine which can be answered by specific project personnel.
- Assists the Chief Technical Advisor in planning, preparing and monitoring the project’s use of funds.
- Carries out all operations required for project expenditures, ensuring the most rational use of the funds and lead the revisions and/or updates of the budget, prepare the revised or updated documents for approval by the CTA.
Completion of secondary school education, University level degree in a field related to the work of the organization is highly desirable.
Minimum of six years of progressively responsible clerical and administrative work, including providing various senior-level support services. A similar experience with the United Nations Common System or an international organization is highly desirable. Practical experience on standard office software packages, email, and automated information management system required by the work unit (e.g. WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint). Experience of dealing with confidential matters with discretion.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the creation and maintenance of filing systems;
- Ability to work with word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as computer software packages required for work;
- Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence;
- Good drafting skills;
- Good analytical skills and attention to details;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to deal with a range of staff and to respond to their queries;
- Knowledge of financial and administrative management processes, experience with financial rules and procedures. Knowledge of operations in a UN organization would be an advantage;
- Ability to work in a team and to work under pressure;
- Must display high standards of ethical conduct;
- Ability to evaluate correspondence and inquiries for the best course of action;
- Interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy when dealing with others;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
Also Read: Find New Job Openings in Lebanon