Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia a specialized programme run by the United Nations is inviting applications for the Job role of “Information System Assistant’ for its office located in Beirut, Lebanon. All Interested Candidates can check their eligibility below and Apply.
Job Post: Information System Assistant
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia
Last date to Apply: 2nd October 2020
1 November 2020
This position is in the Information and Communication Technology Section (ICTS), Resource Management and Service Development Division (RMSDD) of ESCWA. The Information Systems Assistant reports directly to the Team Leader, Applications Support and Development unit, and will be under the general supervision of the Chief, ICTS.
Within delegated authority, the Information Systems Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Acts as focal point for receipt and processing of user requests. Independently liaises with users to define and specify requirements.
2. Coordinates various web projects and provide technical support in assigned areas.
3. Provides support on web development matters, including security, data integrity and recovery; assists with needs assessment for new web sites, graphics and features (including modifications to existing systems); performs ongoing reviews with users and developers and responds to requirements; requests, implements, provides operational support and maintains various websites.
4. Provides technical support in the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of customized web designs; works with senior IT staff on the definition and specification of requirements; builds, tests and modifies prototype websites based on detailed instructions; installs and maintains websites.
5. Creates the look, layout, and features of a website in an attractive professional graphic design and intuitive, user-friendly style, and designs collaterals.
6. Provides guidance to new/junior staff and supervise the work of Individual Contractors undertaking web design projects.
7. Installs application web design tools and hardware according to specifications.
8. Creates and maintains websites using various CMS architectures, etc.; assists in the preparation of technical and user documentation, as well as in the production of training materials.
9. Maintains regular contact with users and technical staff in user offices and provides support as required.
10. Conducts research on new technologies as requested; keeps abreast of developments in the field; assists in testing and evaluating new products and technologies.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of organizational information infrastructure, including hardware, software and application systems. Knowledge of relevant programming language(s) and ability to use programming skills to develop information systems. Knowledge of system development workflow and document flow processes, ability to conduct research and gather information from a wide variety of standard and non-standard sources. Ability to respond to changing requirements and assignments, ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• TECHNOLOGICAL AWARENESS: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Certification in digital and web design tools and technologies or equivalent is desirable.
Seven (7) years of experience in information systems analysis and programming, systems administration and maintenance, software development, technical writing or related area.
Experience in performing needs assessment for new web sites, graphics and features (including modifications to existing systems) is desirable.
Experience in the implementation and maintenance of customized web designs is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. In addition, Arabic is a working language at ESCWA.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Fluency in Arabic is required.