The British Embassy is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Job post of ‘Office Assistant’ to support its staff stationed at Berlin, Germany. Interested applicants who possess a work permit for Germany and fluent in English can apply to the vacancy after verifying all eligibility criteria mentioned below.
Job Post: Office Assistant
Salary: €35,616.00 gross per annum rising to approx €40,007.00 gross per annum after a qualifying period in addition to performance-related pay
Location: Berlin, Germany
Organization: British Embassy, Berlin
Last date to Apply: 20th September 2020
1st November 2020
Also Read: Team Assistant Job Vacancy at Beirut, Lebanon
To support the Embassy’s positive working environment, the successful candidate will be encouraged to play an active role in the Embassy’s corporate life and contribute to the wider objectives of the Germany network. A range of learning and development opportunities will also be offered and encouraged.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- General administrative duties including dealing with post, handling correspondence and telephone enquiries in English and German, distribution and filing of documents;
- Arrange meetings and appointments for Private Office when required and receive visitors to the Embassy;
- Provide timely and efficient secretarial support to the Political Counsellor, including setting up internal and external appointments;
Also Read: Finance Assistant Job Vacancy at ESCWA, UN Beirut Lebanon
- Managing and maintaining a contacts database;
- Provide flexible support ahead of, and during, Embassy events;
- Carry out ad hoc translation tasks where required, and assist in drafting emails and letters in German;
- Provide leave cover for the Private Office team;
- Participate in wider Embassy initiatives as required, including engaging in a corporate role.
Also Read: Check Out Various Other Job Openings at United Nations
- Proficient in English and German (both written and spoken, minimum of C2 level according to the CEFR framework*);
- Recent experience in an administrative/secretarial role or similar;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Ability to deliver high-quality work within deadlines and under pressure;
- Customer focus and excellent customer service skills;
- The ability to work independently but also with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider teams as appropriate;
- Excellent IT skills, especially standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook);
- Ability to keep confidentiality at all times;
- Working knowledge of German political and governmental institutions and structures.
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.