The British Embassy is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Job Role of ‘Security Officer’ at its office located in Beirut, Lebanon. It’s a full-time job opportunity open to everyone so, interested candidates check their eligibility below and Apply to the vacancy.
Job Post: Security Officer
Salary: 1683 USD
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: British Embassy, Beirut
Last date to Apply: 23rd September 2020
1st November 2020
The British Embassy in Beirut has four (4) temporary vacancies for the position of Armed Security Officer, Grade – S2.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Providing armed protection of staff, visitors and premises at various locations as directed. It will be important to remain flexible throughout.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing armed protection of staff, visitors and premises at various locations as directed.
- Liaising closely with security staff in other Missions within the complex.
- Carrying out a physical check of visitors.
- Carrying out searches of vehicles entering the complex.
- Operating and monitoring CCTV cameras.
Also Read: Various Job Openings in Lebanon
Key Competences required for the job:
- Making Effective Decisions – Effectiveness in being objective; using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Managing a quality service – Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. People who are
- Delivering at Pace – Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. For all staff, it’s about working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Changing and Improving – People who are effective in this area are responsive, innovative and seek out opportunities to create effective change.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Communication Skills: Good level of English (Spoken and Written), Fluent in Arabic (Spoken and Written).
- Can work as an individual and within a team.
- Must be prepared to work in shift patterns covering a 24 hour period.
- Routinely carry firearms and be able to pass regular qualification shoots.
Candidates will undergo and should pass the following:
- Core Skills Test in English payable at the candidates’ expense
- Multi-stage fitness test “bleep test” (subject to regular fitness testing).