The British / U.K Embassy is inviting Job applications for the vacancy of ‘Project Manager’ in Beirut, Lebanon which would entitle with all International benefits. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply to this job post.
Job Post: Project Manager
Salary: 2822 USD
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Organization: British Embassy, Beirut
Last date to Apply: 3rd January 2021
Also Read: Receptionist Job Vacancy at Canada Embassy, Apply Now
The jobholder will work as a Project Manager in the UK’s Syria Office – helping to deliver around £10m / year of support to help stabilise and address the causes and consequences of conflict in Syria. The jobholder will be responsible for project management of UK-funded conflict and stabilisation projects operating in Syria, and will steer and lead UK support to documentation and accountability in the Syrian context. At present this includes providing support to victims of sexual and gender based violence (SGBV), and supporting efforts to gather evidence to aid future prosecutions which hold perpetrators of the most serious human rights abuses and violations in Syria (including SGBV) to account.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Monitor and evaluate project performance:
- Close engagement with Syrian and international implementing partners to understand and oversee programme delivery.
- Identify risks and problems with projects, taking the initiative to develop solutions.
- Coordinate with Embassy, regional and London colleagues to ensure project activities are delivering against UK Syria policy, and report on key project successes, risks and challenges
- Evaluate project and programme performance including monthly financial programme reports and quarterly narrative reports, providing summary conclusions and recommendations to Syria Office political officers, regional colleagues and the steering board as required.
- With the support of the Finance Officer, ensure reconciliation of implementers’ financial reports with financial documents, ensuring accurate quarterly/final progress and financial reports received from implementers as per programme deadlines
Design and establish new projects:
- Assist in identifying and designing new projects and drafting project bids
- Lead engagement with implementing partner organisations on one or more projects
- Engagement with a range of Syrian civil society organizations and INGOs to identify potential project partners
- Draft and finalise contracts for conflict and stabilisation projects
- Prepare projects bids for review at internal board meetings
- Participation in wider team activity and Embassy initiatives including ad-hoc support for Syria Office Beirut political work
- Support on high-level official and ministerial visits
Key Competences required for the job:
- Making Effective Decisions: Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Collaborating and Partnering: People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Leading and Communicating: Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
- Seeing the Big Picture: Seeing the big picture is about having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs.
- Fluent communication skills in English (both spoken and written) including report writing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with national and international NGOs to design and deliver programmes
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on project management delivery within deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to provide robust scrutiny of project budgets in the design and delivery phases, with sound judgement to ensure value-for-money
- Ability to identify, and manage risk, in compliance with programme management best practice
- Ability to synthesize information, identify key issues and propose next steps and solutions to problems
- Team player, good interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with partner organisations
- Strong organisational skills and time management to meet deadlines
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor degree in International Relations, International Development or related field.
- Knowledge of Syrian conflict history and present dynamics
- Availability to travel to Turkey (Istanbul / Gaziantep);
- Fluency in Arabic.
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.