Internation Rescue Committee is looking for Women’s Protection & Empowerment Project Officer to work in Qobayat, Lebanon. Interested candidates can check eligibility conditions below
Location: Qobayat, Lebanon
Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
Last date to Apply: 31st August 2020
Also Read: Check Out Various Other Job Openings at United Nations
The Women’s Empowerment & Protection project officer is in charge of the day to day implementation of the assigned WPE project and to lead the coordination of all aspects related to the project.
- Support in the planning, implementation, coordination as well as monitoring and evaluation – M&E of the project in close coordination with BLN technical officer.
- Contribute to collecting and maintaining a quality database to inform the M&E plans and reports.
- Identify trends and gaps to support crafting advocacy strategies.
- Under the supervision of the Field Manager, provide oversight and support the growth of staff in coordination with the technical officers.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Management and Coordination
- Responsible for the daily planning and supervision of project and team in addition to carrying out the associated administrative and logistical duties.
- Provide professional guidance, mentoring and capacity building to the team based on identified gaps and needs.
- Undertake regular field trips to the safe spaces to monitor the outreach, psychosocial and BLN activities, develop reports and follow up on recommendations.
- Guide and support staff to outreach and identify hard to reach out of school Adolescent Girls.
- Hold high-quality meetings with the team and relevant BLN teachers and Outreach Volunteers on a regular and predictable basis, at least monthly.
- Hold monthly individual sessions with team members to review the job descriptions, observe job performance, and provide support as required.
- Develop weekly and monthly plans that address operational hours, teacher’s recruitment and payment schedule, emergency kits distributions, schedule of psychosocial and outreach activities to be conducted.
- Convening weekly planning sessions with site-based team members in order to debrief and plan program activities.
- Craft staff development plans for WPE staff based on regular performance reviews. Communicate clear expectations, setting annual performance objectives, providing timely positive and constructive performance feedback.
- Provide support to WPE team in the fulfillment of WPE strategic work plan as needed.
Also Read: Program Officer Job Vacancy at Save The Children, Beirut Lebanon
- Ensure that attendance records and other reporting tools are implemented and recorded accurately in the database.
- Maintain accurate and organized filing system for all project implementation tools.
- Lead all aspects of data collection to ensure that staff collects data in safe and ethical ways;
- Update the monitoring and quality database on a regular basis and submit to the Program Manager according to an agreed-upon schedule;
- Compile weekly and monthly reports to provide information on trends, challenges, and activities to Line Manager
Advocacy and referrals
- Act as the main focal point for referral of non-GBV cases and protection concerns within the area of responsibility
- Identify key advocacy messages to share with Program Manager, relevant UN Groups (UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA, etc., and government ministries;
- Ensure daily activities’ implementation respect the dignity of Adolescent Girls, women, children and vulnerable community members, meet the cultural sensitivity in the area and coherent with the WPE program.
Also Read: Check out various other Job Openings in Lebanon
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Work Experience: Two+ years of professional experience in a related field such as social services, humanitarian relief, or public service preferred. Experience working with Adolescent Girls, women and other vulnerable groups is an advantage.
- Work experience in education sector is preferred.
- Experience in digital literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to lead, train, supervises, facilitates and motivates staff in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and supportive manner.
- Ability to communicate in English and write clear and concise reports in English
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail. Proven ability to work as a member of a team is essential
- Able to solve complex problems through a reciprocal and consultative approach
- Solid ability to multi-task and prioritize, and work in a fast paced environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong negotiation skills essential with experience in conflict resolution desirable.
- Demonstrates understanding of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse within the humanitarian response.
- Applies participatory approaches to engaging with and mobilizing communities
- Ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with internal and external parties.
- Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Certificates or Licenses: University degree preferably in social work or education or two years of experience in a relevant field.
Proficiency in English, Excellent in Arabic.
Preferred experience & skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
Also Read: Join Our Facebook Group to receive regular info regarding Jobs in Embassies and in the United Nations.
Click Here To Apply Now to above Job Post